Monday, March 19, 2007

Spicy Kicks

Spicy Cashews

This little snack packs a big kick and is a sinch to whip up! It's a slightly modified version from December/January 2007 Taste Of Home.

Spicy Cashews:
1 large can cashews
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoon cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Blend
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/3 cup sugar

Whisk egg whites and water.
Add cashews and toss to coat.
Pour cashews in strainer and let drain for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix all spices and sugar together in large bowl.
Pour cashews in spices and mix.
Spread flat on a greased baking pan.
Bake at 250 for 60 minutes, turning half way through.

While I general enjoy and little bit of sweet with my saltly, I think there's a little to much sugar in the mix. Next time I make these, I'll cut the sugar in half.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i made this and it was great, but 7 people died.

so spicy.

Unknown said...

haha Seven people died. I thought they were too hot too.